Mission Statement and Beliefs
Midway Mission Statement
The mission of Midway Elementary School is to educate students through rigorous problem solving and inquiry-based instruction so that students think critically and innovatively and are college and career ready.
To provide a superior school, empowering students to reach their potential through academics, arts, and athletics.
- All students are capable of learning.
- A safe, secure, positive environment is essential for learning.
- Teacher, parent, and community involvement is critical in the educational process.
- Each student is a unique and valued individual whose self-esteem is enhanced by mutual respect between students and staff.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in meaningful learning opportunities.
- With every right comes responsibility.
- The curriculum will include innovative and integrated approaches to STEAM education that accommodates the different strengths and learning styles of students.
- Instruction will provide for advances of an ever-changing world.
- Lifelong health habits are vital in creating citizens who are physically, mentally, and emotionally prepared for the future.
- Students will understand and appreciate people from other nations, who speak other languages and have different cultural backgrounds.
- Students will see the world through the eyes and minds of others.
- Students will be equipped with the 21st century skills necessary to be successful in our global society.
- As defined by the Partnership for the 21st Century Skills Framework, these skills are grouped into three major categories: Learning and Innovation Skills, which include creativity, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration; Information, Media, and Technology Skills, which involve effectively using, managing, and evaluating information from digital technology and communication tools; and Life and Career Skills, which include flexibility and adaptability, self-direction, teamwork, appreciation of diversity, accountability, and leadership.
- Enable students to become lifelong problem solvers through the utilization of an engineering design process.
- Students will learn how to be good stewards of our planet.